For Joint Bachelor of Science and Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
Blended BS+MS (BMS) program provides an accelerated route to a graduate degree, with the simultaneous conferring of both bachelor’s and master’s degrees. This program targets students who are current EE or CPE undergraduate students at Cal Poly.
- Simplified application process.
- BS and MS coursework can be taken concurrently.
- Access to graduate student facilities.
- TA appointments (if available).
- Priority registration
Students may apply for admission to the BMS program after completion of all EE 300-level courses required by their undergraduate program. Note, a separate Senior Project is required. The student must elect the MS thesis option.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Cal Poly cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater (no letters of recommendation are required)
- Cal Poly cumulative GPA of 3.2-3.5 with up to 3 letters of recommendation from faculty members
- Completion of all EE 300-level courses (including those that are taken in the quarter of application)
- Statement of Purpose and Resume
- Completed application package
- Completion of GWR
The BMS program has three application deadlines. They are the 8th week of each quarter. The candidate must email the application package (see forms below) to the EE Graduate Coordinator. If the letter of recommendation is required, please have the recommender email the letter (using the letter template below) to the Graduate Coordinator directly. The complete package is then reviewed by the Graduate Committee within 1-2 weeks of the application deadlines.
For more information, please contact Graduate Coordinator Jane Zhang.