The BS degree program in Electrical Engineering at Cal Poly is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Program Educational Objectives:
The Electrical Engineering Program has three primary Program Educational Objectives (PEO) that we would like or students to achieve shortly after graduation.
These objectives are to prepare graduates to:
1. Excel in the electrical engineering profession;
2.Embrace life-long learning as a necessary component to remain current in their profession.
3. Pursue graduate degrees for enhanced skills and opportunities.
Electrical engineering students are expected to graduate with the folllowing:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies